Sunday, October 10, 2010

BP5_Animoto Web 2.0

After thoroughly searching the web 2.0 guru website to find the best match  21 century tool that relates to my Action Research project, I stumble upon Animoto.  Animoto is an application that transform personal or business pictures into a 60 second video.  It is fast, free, and user friendly. If this news  is a fantastic deal, then wait there is more. For a small fee to access to all the services, users can earn money each time a follower visit their video. Wow…it cannot get any better than that!

Now, I know I sound like a commercial…but when I research this link my mind started brewing ideas to help improve my Action Research.  In my Action Research, my goal is to educate parent about the importance of the after school technology youth center. So I thought the best way to reach out to the parents is to use a 60 second commercial video. Plus, the youth center, will gain profits each time parents visit the video.

I choose this tool for this week posting because it follows the path to my research. Also, I thought the best way to educate the parents is to show them what the youth center does. How technology is not just a privilege, but it is a necessary to their child’s learning. The best way to express the benefits of the center is to show them pictures of the center and kids interacting with technology.

1 comment:

  1. My goal is to educate parents about the importance of the after school technology youth center.

    Angela,
    Animoto is a really good tool to communicate to your parents in less than 60 seconds. My students have used this tool for the past year or two and have been very successful in creating projects. The students enjoy using the software for its ease-of-use and the ability to share with their peers. This is a great tool to show the parents what do your center does. Most importantly the product that is produced can be student generated. Which reinforces the effectiveness of your afterschool technology youth center. I truly understand how important it is to communicate with parents and the community. This will hopefully help them understand and support your program. Five years ago I started an afterschool program called T.E.K. Technology Education Kids and it has blossomed into a program that includes about 70 students from fifth grade to eighth grade. The parents and community support is why this program is still running today and without the communication piece I'm not too sure where we would be. I know this tool will contribute to your success and I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete