Monday, July 11, 2011

Remark about Alicia's (Queen) blog WK2

Hey Y’all
“The frog’s perceives only that which fits into its hardwire categories of perception. “ Change your perception and you will change you attitude.
The opportunity of thinking out of the box is what is discussed in the first chapter of the book The Art of Possibility.  Putting into my personal perspective when I think of my life I have to think of first what defines the “box” that I have to think out of.  It is my family, friends and the expectations that I put on my self.  Am I content with the status quo or do I want to “rock the boat” and push the lines of expectations? 
I have to admit at times the opportunity to draw outside the lines was a lot easier when you did not have the “responsibilities” of life. If I am honest I have to admit I am a person who does not work well with in the lines.  My personal ways of confrontation and subtle even at this stage of my life.
It is funny when I look at my son’s humor I see my old way and I am reminded of my previous rebellion, as well as the parameters that were put on me as a young girl at his age.  (Girls can’t, Our religion does not, we can’t afford)  Now, I look at him and I wan him to believe to think out of the box and that the sky is the limit.  I want him to taste everything and then decide what is not good for him. 
Last year at this time we were preparing for a trip to Egypt, the opportunity to see another culture excited me and the opportunity to share that with my son was extra special.  The days that we spent in Egypt I learned more about my self and my son than I ever expected.  The culture opened our eyes to a different perception of the World.

The trip allowed me to look at the world in a different perspective, see experience a different philosophy of living and the concept of family. Based on the reading it gave me the ability to answer some life questions.

Response

Alicia I can relate to what you are saying.  I never was a person that thought inside the box.  That was why I became an artist.  When I was little my mother use to introduced me as her backwards child.   Everything I did was different from what I was told to do and it drove my mother crazy.  She thought I had a disorder problem...nope I was just stubborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment