Sunday, July 31, 2011

Week 4 Comment to Michael Chapple


Michael Chapple Logo

My project centers on social learning and how it can be implemented into classroom technology. The society of today revolves around social media and students from elementary to high school use such tools as Facebook, Twitter, and other sites on a daily basis.  With those types of tools being used by students it would be a great resource to turn those social media tools into social learning tools for education purposes. 
I have decided to present my research in the form of an article. After some research and pondering my two choices for journals to attempt to be published in are Edutopia and iste. There were many sites that cater to education and the use of technology, but I found these two choices to be the most appropriate for my article and me.

I said ….
Your research is an excellent idea to use in the school system. As a parent, I cannot count how many times I got a call from the principal office complaining that my child was caught with their cell phone. Although I do support the schools policy and am still torn about my kids having their cell phone on them when they walk to and from the school to let me know if they are okay. By implementing this project in the school system will be a win-win situation. Teachers will no longer be interrupting in their class for a student using their cellphone and parents don't have to worry about their child walking home. However, I will suggest if their could be a parental control insult so the students can not use their phone in class other then education purpose.


No comments:

Post a Comment