Sunday, July 31, 2011

Week 4: Comment to Melissia


www.ncreading.org

I am excited about the possibility of submitting my project for publishing or presenting at a conference. I never envisioned the possibility of submitting but now the possibilities for my life and things to accomplish are as big as I can imagine them to be.

I am very interested in the possibility of presenting at the North Carolina Reading Conference. I think presenting to colleagues in my state and having communication with fellow educators would be so powerful for me. I am not the best presenter but I feel as if teachers knew more about the forms of technology available to them and understood that it doesn’t take much to learn how to use it and incorporate within your classroom would enhance the level of instruction.

The problem is there are so many Web 2.0 Tools available teachers get overwhelmed. Teachers should be exposed to a few tools and then select one or two and work hard at implementing them and empowering their students. Teachers don’t have to know everything, but be knowledgeable about a few things that work for them and their teaching styles.

I am also interested in contacting the Journal of Research on Technology in Education, Learning & Leading in Technology, Journal of Educational Technology & Society, and Journal of Digital Learning in Teacher Education. The journals all seem interesting and definitely deal with teaching and technology. I don’t know where I will ultimately submit, but the process will occur.

Melissa,
I could relate to your enthusiastic journey.  I never thought of myself publishing anything to a conference or organization.  But, I agree by doing this it will elevate us to higher goal and accomplishment. I am not the best presenter either, but I do know practice makes perfect.  I believe you will do great at that conference and just remember the old rule when presenting, pretend they are your students and how you are able to connect with them.  If you keep that in mind you will do just fine. Good luck, and I hope you keep your followers updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment