Sunday, July 31, 2011

Wk4 Publishing/Leadership project part 2 of 2:Think Out Loud Post Two


Originally, there were two chosen sites I wanted to present my article to it was Edutopia and International Society for Technology in Education (iste), but after a intensive search I found National Education Association (NEA) would be a better choice for me.  Edutopia is still my second choice because it carries some of the same characteristic of NEA. 
http://www.nea.org
NEA mission is to help improve Public Schools for every student.  They believe every student in America, regardless of their background, deserves a quality education.  In my first blog about helping Detroit Public School to upgrade his or her media center, I mention every student should equally be knowledge on his or her education.  NEA also believe individuals are strengthened when they work together for the common good.  I feel strongly if parents, educators, and community work together then we will build a stronger foundation for our children.  I believe NEA open up the doors to fresh ideas to add on their existence philosophy.  My research could be an asset to this organization to help improve the on going dilemma that prohibits the increase of parent involvement.

http://www.edutopia.org
With out a doubt Edutopia would always be my choice to present.  Over a year I became a member to this organization because of the informative data the present to their audience.  As a parent I could continuously educate myself with the latest Social & Emotional Learning, Teacher Development, Technology Integration and Comprehensive Assessment.  They have multimedia collections for their audiences to view, but most importantly they acknowledge parent involvement is declining worse year after year.  With my research, I believe it is a stepping-stone to help find the root cause on why parent involvement is declining and perhaps we could find solutions to help solve the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment