Friday, July 22, 2011

Response to Sonni-ology


Its hard to get in front of the 8 ball when you start out behind.  I heard the phrase while watching television this week (a rare thing since I started school).  This statement made me think about my students.  They are from low-income families, some live on Medicaid, or from paycheck to paycheck.  They do not have the luxuries of computers or other technological gadgets.  But, I believe and feel that just because my student’s are not middle and upper class, does not mean that they have to have an underclass education.  I believe a teacher that I give my students everything I have to offer that being financially or bring my personal technical devices that I allow my students to use. By doing this I feel that my student may be beside the eight ball or in front of it, but I am determine to ensure that they are not behind that eight ball.

Response
Sonni, I think that is most beautiful thing you are doing for your kids. I often think about the city school here in my state and how that has little knowledge in technology. At the beginning of my Action Research I wanted to make a difference on helping those students to be at the side of the eight ball, but unfortunately I do not know who to talk to so I can help. It is good to here someone else is able to do something that I wish I could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment